IDA Certification Skills Validated Exam
The CD designation is a great achievement and demonstrates a basic mastery of the knowledge and applied skills needed by the detailing professional. The pride of earning the CD designation
The CD designation is a great achievement and demonstrates a basic mastery of the knowledge and applied skills needed by the detailing professional. The pride of earning the CD designation places that detailing professional among a group at the top of their profession. Phase II (the Skills Validated tests) represents the four primary categories that each candidate must demonstrate their “hands-on” ability to perform. The detailer must perform each phase of the testing on their own, and meet the minimum proficiency expected in order to pass. The exam is presented in a scenario-type format to afford the detailer the opportunity to demonstrate the abilities expected of the advanced detailing professional.
Phase II Skills Validation testing demonstrates hands-on skills and in-person testing by an IDA Recognized Trainer (RT) in areas covered in the written exams: Wash Bay/Prep, Interior, Exterior Correction, and Finishing Steps. Each portion of the test will be a one-on-one teacher-to-student session.
This Skills Validated (Phase II) event will be led by Jason Rose, IDA CD-SV-RT / Global Director of Training for RUPES and space is limited to just 4 registrants
IMPORTANT NOTES, PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY:
- You must register for this event through the IDA using the registration link below. Registration and payment are coordinated with the IDA, RUPES will host the event and provide the testing.
- You must have already completed/passed your CD (Phase I) IDA Certification prior to participation in the SV Phase II exam. Visit the IDA website for more information on CD (Phase I) certification
- This is a certification event, not training or education.
- All testing supplies are provided. You do not need to bring tools, equipment, or supplies with you.
- The SV exam takes approximately 2 hours to complete. Budget your time accordingly.